Bell Schedule & Attendance
Normal Bell Schedule:
First bell rings at 8:40 a.m. for all grades. Tardy bell rings at 8:45 a.m. Students not in their seats at this time are marked tardy.
Monday - Thursday: 8:45 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.
Friday: 8:45 a.m. to 2:15 p.m.
2-Hour Weather Delay
Monday - Thursday: 10:45 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.
Friday: 10:45 a.m. to 2:15 p.m.
The following Jason Lee Elementary Attendance Policy is designed to promote regular attendance, academic achievement and safety for all Jason Lee students:
- All students are to arrive at school by 8:40 a.m. so classes may begin promptly at 8:45 a.m. Students may arrive any time after 8:30 a.m. There is no adult supervision before 8:30 a.m.
- Please call the 24 hour school attendance line at 509-967-6490 & leave a voice message by 8:45 a.m. to report your student’s absence for the day. It is required by State law that we have communication from you as to why your child is absent from school.
- A conference will be scheduled with the parent, teacher and building administrator to devise a plan for improved attendance when a student reaches:
- 5 absences in a single month
- 10 absences in the school year
- 15 excused or unexcused tardies in a trimester
- The Jason Lee tardy policy is designed to decrease the number of tardies and have students in class ready to learn by 8:45 a.m. The following totals are for the trimester:
- 10 excused or unexcused tardies = parent letter sent home
- excused or unexcused tardies = conference with parents
- For your convenience, pre-arranged absence request forms are available in the office.