Welcome to the Jason Lee Elementary Library!
At the Jason Lee Elementary Library, it is our goal to prepare future ready citizens by:
- fostering a love of reading and literature in a variety of formats, including print and digital mediums.
- empowering students to become critical seekers of information and ideas.
- providing students and families the opportunity to innovate and create through hands-on tinkering, playing, imagining, and creating.
- promoting the ethical use of information and technology.
- creating a positive, welcoming environment for the learning community.
Kindergarten and First graders will be allowed to check out 1 book at a time. Second and third graders may check out 2 books, and grades 4 through 5 may check out 3 books.*
* Exceptions are made for class assignments and avid readers.
We encourage students to check out "just right" books; however, students are allowed free choice when checking out.
- Checkout begins the first week of school, with the exception of Kindergarten.
- Last check out is three weeks before the end of school.
- Books are due weekly.
- Books may be renewed.
- Books lost or damaged must be paid for so they can be replaced.
- If books are not returned by the last day of school, the student's report card will be held in the office until his/her account is clear